1. Show that you can plot the change of the stock price over time on a graph.
2. Analyze the history of stock price changes over time.
3. Attempt to predict the future price of a stock based on prior price history.
4. Show by adding volume to a chart makes it a complete chart, and finally to
5. Allow "chartists" or people who study chart formations or patterns on charts to attempt to predict future prices of equities, where a price will stop, or future supply and/or demand of an equity or stock.